|AIG ANNOUNCES VOTING RESULTS OF ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS|
NEW YORK, May 11, 2011 -- Shareholders of American International Group, Inc. (AIG) today elected fourteen directors at the company's annual meeting of shareholders. The shareholders voted to support each of the five proposals submitted by AIG, and, as the AIG Board recommended, shareholders withheld support for the shareholder proposal submitted for consideration. The results were as follows:
(1) Elected fourteen directors as follows:
(2) Approved by a vote of 1,675,331,447 shares for and 38,498,380 shares against, a non-binding shareholder resolution to approve executive compensation.
(3) Approved by a vote of 1,746,898,218 shares for and 4,834,159 shares against, amendment of AIG's Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation to restrict certain transfers of AIG common stock in order to protect AIG's tax attributes.
(4) Approved by a vote of 1,713,136,265 shares for and 5,378,733 shares against, ratification of the American International Group, Inc. Tax Asset Protection Plan.
(5) Approved by a vote of 1,725,969,173 shares for and 20,849,894 shares against, ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as AIG's independent registered public accounting firm for 2011.
(6) Rejected by a vote of 218,118,892 shares for and 1,484,886,740 shares against, a shareholder proposal relating to restricting hedging.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Ireland and Tokyo.
SOURCE: American International Group, Inc.
American International Group, Inc.